How much weight does Ada County throw around in every Statewide+Federal election? About 30.25% actually.
The Idaho Secretary of State released a report on September 2nd. By the numbers, there are a total of 992,332 registered voters in Idaho. In Ada County alone there are 300,178 voters (one-third!!!1).
Drilling down into party affiliations in Ada County:
- 48.64% GOP2
- 18.37% DNC3
- 31.42% Unaffiliated4
- The remaining 1.6% of voters are affiliated with the Constitution/Libertarian parties.
Using these numbers, you can also extrapolate that Ada County holds 14.71% of all GOP voters in Idaho.
Any real change for the State of Idaho hinges around Ada County. If you can capture the hearts+minds of Republican voters there… you’ll have a very easy path towards effecting broad changes throughout Idaho.
This PDF is a conversion of the XLSX file from the Idaho Secretary of State website (here).
- To be more precise, 30.25%.
- Total Ada Republicans: 145,999.
- Total Ada Democrats: 55,148.
- Total Ada Unaffiliated voters: 94,310.