Kootenai County Republican Central Committee meets each month to conduct its regular business. Below are the unofficial minutes made by a non-sitting member of the public.
7:00pm ~ Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance
7:02pm ~ Special Speaker: Ward Connerly.
– Born in 1939.
– “I am a minority of one… and so are you… and you… and you.”
– Rejects racial mongering.
– “Be true to who we are, and they will come.”
– Will be going to a protest in Washington D.C. for pro-life activism.
7:18pm ~ Special Speaker: Lisa Arnold. Superintendent of Lakeland Joint School District.
– Affirming that LJSD does NOT teach CRT/LGBT/SJW/blabla at all.
– Our community is identified by strong Christian conservative values.
– Thanking KCRCC for their work. LJSD staff and electeds always start the year with prayer!
7:26pm ~ Special Speaker: Béla Kovacs. Kootenai County Assessor.
– August 15th a deputy assessor was hired named Ben Krottinger(spelling?). Served in US Navy. Agile/SCRUM master certified.
– All positions have been filled in my office.
– Recovery plan going well.
– His office is hiring 2 consultants: XTR and Highland Appraisal Services
– One of Kovac’s biggest directives is to overhaul IT in the office. Currently a frankenstein kludge of disparate pieces of software.
– Has a lawsuit against Kootenai County Government.
BRENT REGAN OPENING MONOLOGUE
7:32pm ~ Brent Regan is reading letters addressed to KCRCC.
– Dennis Mansfield: thanks for your support in my campaign.
– Glen Crosby: thanks for supporting vets.
7:33pm ~ Brent Regan.
– Every precinct committeeman needs to lend public support to the voting slate that KCRCC produces.
– Everyone, including PCs, that spend more than $100 needs to file a C-4 to declare expenses.
– NIC Chairman David Wold blatantly violated electioneering laws by publicly supporting the Friends of NIC candidates during the public meeting. Relevant Idaho Code 👉74-0604. This incident was reported to Idaho Secretary of State. Brent Regan filed the complaint as the Chairman (William’s corner: “Perhaps should have passed a resolution for this?”)
– Help KCRCC’s voter drive, and volunteer efforts.
– Various Friends of NIC satellite orgs/PACs have raised to the tune of $100K.
7:45pm ~ Roll-call of the KCRCC. There is a quorum.
7:48pm ~ Approval of last month’s minutes
7:48pm ~ Treasurer’s Report.
– Starting balance $92K
– Contribution to candiates $500
– Freedom Fest expenses $250
– $600 Various election
– (Other expenses can be found in KCRCC’s sunshine reports)
– Current balance $50K
7:50pm ~ Terri Seymour
– Packed house for the Keep Idaho Red Rally.
– Worley Townhall was organized by PC Michelle (last name?).
– Great turnout for campaign stuffing event!
8:00pm ~ Rob Barrans. Recruitment Committee.
– Already working on May 2023 Election.
– Three 6-year positions open for Community Library Network.
– Two 6-year term positions open for Kootenai Health.
– Including a litany of openings in highway districts, sewer, and water districts.
8:20pm ~ Beverly Guenette. Campaign Committee
– Motion to ask the committee for $10K. Don Morgan amends to raise the Beverly’s cap to $70K. MOTION PASSED.
8:27pm ~ Bjorn Handeen Region 1 report
– January 6-7th. State GOP meeting. Christy Zito is the chair of the Resolutions Comimitee, and Bjorn is the vice chair. Rules Committee is chairman Brent Regan, and Michelle Hamilton as vice chair.
8:28pm ~ Nina Beesly. Volunteer coordinator
– There are precincts that are vacant, and we need volunteers.
– We’re in the middle of early voting (which ends November 4th). Need 10 more shifts for people to fill to cover next week.
– Super Saturday is this Saturday, October 29th 2022! Stay tuned for details.
8:35pm ~ None
8:37pm ~ Motion to purchase 7 bricks for the new Veterna’s Home. MOTION PASSED
8:50pm ~ Bushnell Media contract renewal. Been working for KCRCC 2019. This new contract is for September 2022 to September 2023. MOTION PASSED.
9:45pm ~ Executive session ended. Summer’s contract was renewed, and another consultant will be sought to handle communications.
9:45pm ~ Various committees are asking for a bump in their discretionary funds. Total requested authorization is $177K. MOTION PASSED.
FRIENDS OF THE COMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENTS
KCWCF: Next Thursday. Business meeting. Stanley Mortensen is speaking.
Panhandle Pachyderms: JBS Friday, Ward Connerly. Reagan Republicans: Ward Connerly this Thursday.